Thursday, March 26, 2009

Blue Walk


Inspired by a post by Katie Schlutz and the cool little Idee color thingie, I decided to try our own little color scavenger hunt when Christopher, Gregory and I went for a walk to our local market the other day. Christopher picked the color blue, so I photographed all things blue along the way. Since Gregory was getting antsy with my frequent stopping every 5 feet, I didn't take as many pictures on the way back. But Christopher had a lot of fun pointing out blue things and I enjoyed taking the pictures. Maybe C and I will try a different color each week. This is a great fun little project to play with your kids, especially if they're just starting to learn their colors!

If you haven't checked out the Idee Multicolor Search Lab you're missing out- it's so awesome! This links to my favorite color search: pink & purple. But you can do whatever color combination you want, up to 10 colors!

3 comments:

  1. Jenelle! It's awesome, I love the shades of blue - wow. Thanks for sharing. Now I want to do a blue one, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cool! I saw the green one too (was it on Design Mom?) I totally want to take the kids on a color treasure hunt.

    Question: Did you have your 3-year old point out all the blues to you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie- thanks so much for the inspiration- I love how it came out!

    Kirwin- The green one was on Design Mom, that's where I found it! My 3 year old, Christopher, pointed out most of the blue things, but I also found a few myself. I think his favorites were the blue truck and that bright blue soda.

    ReplyDelete